Monday, February 26, 2007

Rat-trap!!

i know dear mommy that i m a rat
but..i still want to go out n look for the cats


but u hv programmed me to see, n hv programmed me to act
so when i try to look around, wot i see is wot i get
yes mamma dear, i m still going ur way
n m actually very near n i dint at all sway

but.. how long do u want me to run
to pick from the same old bakery, the same old bun
my knees r still strong but then, its no more fun
the pile there is huge, n i can get u yet another ton

i know other rats are running right beside me
n if i slow at this moment they'd get a larger piece
agreed the tracks are new, but the race is same old
n i win or i loose, i can no longer just hold

let me go out mommy dear, from this hole, n this bakery
n just learn from the birds, sitting on that old hickory
can i buy off myself for sometime, to be me
can i run in the open n just race myself with me

i know cats there might come running behind
n i hv to be faster than them all to survive
but who knows i might grow wings n i just start to fly
or else, i may be dead then..but m i now alive?


trivia: Rattrap ("Rattle" in Japan) is the name of a fictional character from the Transformers toyline that appeared in the Beast Wars and Beast Machines series. He is a Maximal and takes the beast form of a rat.
Although this has got nothing to do with my blog :)))) !!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

blogging after a whole year? what made you take this drastic step?

3:03 AM  
Blogger nuts_oops said...

idleness..
wud be better if u write ur name instead of posting an anonymous comment!!

3:51 AM  
Blogger Varun said...

Mittal saab...

Truly an outstanding poem...more so (personally) 'cos I am rarely able to connect with English poetry...always feel that they are too esoteric or flowery.

But this one stands out...for its simplicity and narration!

I just didn't like the last para...precisely, the last two lines as they are too-straightforward and kind of take the whole 'dreamy tempo' down.

But yes...keep writing, you have a fan waiting for more.

- Varun

10:13 AM  
Blogger kammommy said...

I love this poem....i am caught up in this rat race almost every day...run for perceived promotions, to make frens ,trying to run ahead all the time ....sometimes not even knowin why...I identify with this.....

btw great blog:-)

10:32 PM  
Blogger sudha_ciyer said...

Air-balloon being immersed in water - is the feeling i get after the read.

Hmm, but the problem with rat race is even if u win, u r still a rat. Hence the wing end brings relief.

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mayank bhai,

I love this poem and I am pretty sure you wrote it when we were splitting our hairs during placement season. I know I am reading it after a long time. But, I am sure this is applicable even today. Keep blogging dude.

-Arul.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home